Yamaha MSP5 Studio Active Monitor, Single
Yamaha MSP5 Studio Active Monitor, SingleDetails
The Yamaha MSP5 Studio is a two-way bi-amplified bass reflex system that delivers outstanding monitoring precision for digital or analog production in stereo or surround formats. The Yamaha MSP5 has been designed for serious monitoring with an emphasis on reference quality reproduction of sound, which lets you hear sonic details, rather than flattering sound. The more compact dimensions of the MSP5 STUDIO make it an ideal choice for smaller project studios and DAW based production systems.
Product Ref: 10287View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The more compact dimensions of the MSP5 Studio make it an ideal choice for smaller project studios and DAW based production systems.
- Compact design with low distortion, uniform highs
- Low-diffraction rounded baffle for uniform dispersion
- Magnetically shielded enclosures
- Professional connectivity
- Trim switches for easy room matching
- Compact design with low distortion, uniform highs
The MSP5 Studio features a 5" cone woofer driven by a 40-watt amplifier and a 1" dome tweeter driven by a 27-watt amplifier. Other than woofer size, enclosure size, and amplifier power, the MSP5 Studio takes advantage of the same advanced materials and design technology that are behind the extraordinary performance of the MSP7 Studio. The woofer and titanium-dome tweeter feature advanced magnetic structures that achieve exceptionally low distortion, and the tweeter works with a unique waveguide horn that achieves broad, uniform high frequency dispersion over 120 degrees for optimum balance regardless of listening position.
Low-diffraction rounded baffle for uniform dispersion
The MSP5 Studio's advanced driver and enclosure design - including the low-diffraction rounded baffle - ensure smooth, uniform dispersion across the system's full reproduction range. Flat frequency response out to 40kHz makes the MSP5 Studio great for mastering, where high sample and bit rates are the norm.
Magnetically shielded enclosures
Along with their compact size and excellent performance, full magnetic shielding allows the MSP5 Studio speakers to be positioned near all types of audio, video, and computer equipment without sound degradation or negative effects on surrounding equipment.
The MSP5 Studio has a balanced XLR-type input for direct compatibility with professional equipment. Balanced lines are ideal if the speakers are to be placed at the end of long cable runs which, if unbalanced, might be susceptible to hum and induced noise. The MSP5 Studio also offers an unbalanced 1/4" phone jack connector.
Trim switches for easy room matching
The MSP5 Studio is equipped with four position low and three position high trim switches that allow the system's response to be optimized for a wide range of acoustic environments.
Yamaha MSP5 Studio Monitor Features:
- Bi-amplified 2-way powered speaker
- Overall Frequency Response 50Hz-40kHz (-10 dB)
- Maximum Output Level: 101dB, 1 m on axis
- Woofer: 5-inch cone
- Tweeter: 1-inch titanium dome
- Output Power: Woofer 40W, Tweeter 27W
- Enclosure type: Bass reflex
- Input Connectors: XLR (balanced), 10 kOhm; Phone (unbalanced), 10 kOhm
- Controls: level, low cut, low trim, high trim, power, phase
- Indicators (LED): Green: Power On; Red: Clipping
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 7" x 11" x 8.2"
- Weight: 17.4 lb
- Magnetic Shielding
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.