Record, edit, and mix performances with stunning sound quality using the professional-grade Mbox audio interface. And now Mbox is an even better value with new Pro Tools Express software included at no additional charge. Easily connect mics, instruments, monitors, and other analogue, digital, and/or MIDI gear with your Mac or PC to capture and create studio-quality productions.
Pro Tools Express now includes the following plugins:
- Eleven Get access to the sounds of the world's most coveted vintage and modern guitar and bass amps, cabinets, and effects in Pro Tools, with jaw-dropping realism-right down to the feel
- Moogerfooger Bundle Bring the vintage sounds of analog synths to your modern-day repertoire with a collection of four classic effects: Analog Delay, 12-Stage Phaser, Lowpass Filter, and Ring Modulator
Use Pro Tools Express to sound your very best, or pair Mbox with your favourite third-party audio software such as Logic, Live, Fruity Loops, Cubase, and more. No matter what you choose, you'll always sound amazing, as Mbox was designed by the same team who created Avid's top-of-the-line Pro Tools HD Series interfaces, giving you the sonic clarity of interfaces costing much more.
Mbox is designed by the same engineering team behind Avid's top-of-the-line Pro Tools HD systems. That means you get the exceptional audio quality and ease of use enjoyed by commercial studios in the comfort of your own home, project studio, or wherever inspiration takes you.
Sound amazing with Mbox
Whether you work solo or collaborate with others, you'll sound better than ever with the newly re-architected Mbox audio and MIDI computer recording interface.
Pristine quality, powerful performance
Get best-in-class audio quality, exceptional performance, and the lowest possible latency in everything you do with Mbox, featuring professional-grade converters, advanced recording technology, and a premium analogue signal path. And with Avid's stringent testing standards, you're assured of rock-solid performance in even the most demanding environments, whether you create with Pro Tools Express (included), upgrade to Pro Tools, or use third-party audio software.
Work the way you want
Get the flexibility to work in more ways than ever. Use Mbox with the included Pro Tools Express software, or upgrade to Pro Tools for maximum creativity, speed, ease, and total session compatibility with Pro Tools studios worldwide. And get great performance when you use Mbox with any Core Audio- or ASIO-compatible software, such as Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more.
Create effortlessly with extras
Mbox comes packed with advanced features, making it even easier to get great results. Tune your guitar, bass, and other instruments using the integrated guitar tuner. Prevent distortion when tracking louder sources using the same professional-grade soft-clip limiter found in Avid's Pro Tools HD Series interfaces. And set up more pleasing cue mixes with reverb using the onboard DSP.
Included Software - Pro Tools Express and Plug-ins
Compose, record, edit, and mix at the speed of your creativity and get the professional tools you need to sound your very best. Pro Tools Express, included with Mbox and Mbox Mini interfaces, offers many of the same industry-standard tools of its big brother, Pro Tools 10, to help you turn the song in your head into reality, with professional results.
- Boom drum machine and sequencer
- Structure Free sample player (based on Structure)
- Xpand!2 multitimbral synth and sample workstation
- Get best-in-class sound quality and performance with professional-grade circuitry and premium audio conversion
- Capture and mix studio-quality sessions, with up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio resolution
- Connect and control your gear with:
- 4 x 4 simultaneous channels of I/O
- Two XLR mic/line combo inputs with professional-grade mic preamps and 48V phantom power
- Two 1/4" DI inputs on front panel for easy access
- Two balanced 1/4" monitor outputs
- One 1/4" stereo headphone output with volume control
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- One MIDI input, one MIDI output
- Monitor control section with Mono and Dim controls
- Dedicated monitor volume knob
- Use Mbox with your favourite recording/music creation software, including Pro Tools, Logic, Live, Cubase, and more
- Track hotter signals without clipping with the soft-clip limiter
- Ensure your instruments are in tune with the built-in guitar tuner
- Set up flexible cue mixing and reverb effects with the onboard DSP
- Create anywhere you go with bus-powered USB 2.0 connectivity
Pro Tools Express key features
- Create music and sound for picture using many of the same industry-standard tools used by top producers, engineers, and artists
- Take your projects to the next level - and to studios around the world - with session file compatibility across all Pro Tools systems
- Sound your best when using professional-grade Mbox or Mbox Mini interfaces
- Record and mix up to 16 stereo audio tracks at 96 kHz (Mbox) or 48 kHz (Mbox Mini) resolution
- Compose music easily with virtual instruments, MIDI editing, and Sibelius notation tools
- Create pro-quality mixes with a collection of high-quality plug-ins and Automatic Delay Compensation
- Get a gigantic leap in sound and speed - and save over 40 - when you upgrade to Pro Tools
- Avid-qualified Mac or PC
- Mac OS X 10.6.8, Mac OS X Lion (10.7), or Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32- or 64-bit)
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 5 GB of free hard disk space for Pro Tools Express installation
- USB port for Mbox connection
- USB port for iLok authorization (iLok 2 included)