View Full Description
Plug and Play Convenience
The EIE is all about plug and play convenience. With the EIE tabletop USB audio interface from Akai Professional, you can connect virtually any musical instrument or piece of production gear to your computer. With three convenient USB inputs in addition to its main USB port, EIE enables you to connect controllers, hard drives or any other peripheral to your computer when native ports may be limited. This compact, 16-bit recording interface contains high-quality components including nickel-plated input jacks, analog-style VU meters and a rugged aluminum casing for a powerful, professional, portable audio solution. The EIE can be used with virtually any music software program like GarageBand or Pro Tools and connects plug-and-play to Macs or PCs; there is no driver installation required.
For more information on installing your EIE Interface, a useful Quick Start Guide has been added as a PDF to the top of this page.
Components and Connections
Each channel of the EIE has an XLR-1/4" combo jack, dedicated gain-pot and Mic/Line/Guitar switch. The EIE features four discrete-design preamplifiers with 48V phantom power for use with virtually any microphone. Individual 1/4" nickel-plated jacks found on the back of EIE provide you with channel inserts for processing audio signals externally. You can monitor sessions on multiple sets of studio monitors using the four 1/4" balanced outputs, which are also nickel-plated. Both pairs of outputs can be monitored visually with the high-quality, analog VU meters providing classic features with modern style. For remote tracking and alternative playback, the EIE has a 1/4" TRS headphone output. High quality analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters ensure that every detail of your session or performance gets captured and played back faithfully.
- 4 x 4 Audio interface with integrated 3-port USB hub
- 4 XLR/TRS combo jacks with phantom power
- 2 Classic analog VU meters with source selection
- MIDI I/O ports and four 1/4" outputs on the rear
- Compact desktop format with rugged construction
- Class compliant (no drivers required)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 21 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 93dB (A-Weighted)
- S/N: 93dB (A-Weighted)
- THD+N: 0.001% @ 1kHz
- Crosstalk: 93dB @ 1kHz
- Mic Gain: +9dB - +51.5dB
- Mic Impedance: 6.3 KOhms
- Line Gain: -10.5dB - +41dB
- Line Impedance: 55 KOhms
- Guitar Gain: +1.6dB - 53.1dB
- Guitar Impedance: 102 KOhms
- Insert Input Sensitivity: 0 dBFS @ +6dBV
- Insert Impedance: 10 KOhms
- Output Level: +6dBV @ 0dBFS
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 93dB (A-Weighted)
- S/N: -100dB (A-Weighted)
- THD+N: 0.006% @ 1kHz
- Crosstalk: 97dB @ 1kHz
- Inputs: 4 x XLR/TRS (1/4" Jack) Combo
- Outputs: 4 x TRS (1/4" Jack)
- Interface Type: USB (1.1/2.0)
- Simultaneous In/Outputs: 4 x 4
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Resolution: 16-Bit
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Height: 9.9cm
- Width: 19.8cm
- Depth: 15.5cm
- Weight: 1.3Kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.