Roland GR55SBK Guitar and Bass Synthesizer (No Pickup) Black
Roland GR55SBK Guitar and Bass Synthesizer (No Pickup) BlackDetails
A New Era of Sound, Power, & Performance - The Roland GR-55S is a revolution in guitar synthesis, with features never before available in any guitar processor. In terms of speed, it's the fastest ever. It's also the most accurate, thanks to newly developed pitch-detection technology. Please Note: This version does NOT come with the GK Pickup
Call our Roland Specialist on: 0843 155 0500 for further information
Product Ref: 25212View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
As for sound, the triple-core generator houses a world-class array of virtual guitars, basses, amps, and synth voices, enabling tones and textures that have never been heard before.Onstage or in the studio, you can instantly access the GR-55's huge library of ready-to-use sounds, from pop to rock and beyond, with quick-access category buttons. Welcome to a ground-breaking new era in guitar synthesis!
Click on the link below to view detailed Brochure on the BOSS GR-55.
New Sound Possibilities
The GR-55's powerful triple-core engine comprises two PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones powered by the latest Roland synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modelling, featuring a virtual treasure trove of guitar, bass, amp, and synth models. Together, these combined technologies allow you to create unique, revolutionary sounds. The "Metal Synth Lead" preset, for example, combines two types of thick, brilliant synth textures with an overdriven solid-body/humbucking tone for incredible punch and power.
Thanks to Roland's decades of research and dedication to guitar synthesizers and powerful new pitch detection technology, the GR-55S is far and away the fastest guitar synth ever. Furthermore, the COSM guitar-modelling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR-55 to respond instantly and exactly as you play. The GR-55 detects pitch, velocity, and behaviour for unprecedented response to your performance.
Get ready to rock... and fast! The GR-55S puts you instantly in touch with a huge library of amazing sounds, no editing required. The on-board line-up of ready-to-use presets (270, plus 297 user) takes the pain out of the process, with simple category buttons for finding the perfect sound fast. Choose from hundreds of great presets for pop, rock, and beyond, and kick-start your song or jam with unique, powerful sounds that will turn heads and raise fists.
Easy to Use
If you're new to the world of technology, fear not. The GR-55S is powerful yet extremely friendly. For customising sounds, the EZ Edit feature (made famous in the GT-10) and large LCD takes the guesswork out of the process. And for those who want to go deep, the GR-55 offers huge array of controllable parameters. Pros will appreciate the power of the GR-55S while beginners will love how quick and easy the unit is to operate.
The GR-55S conveniently bridges the guitarist to the desktop music production world with its two USB ports. The rear-panel port can be used one for MIDI/Audio data communication; the side-panel port is dedicated to real-time playback of audio files from a USB memory device (sold separately). The GR-55S provides foot control of USB audio playback so your hands never need to leave the guitar.
Roland's GK Pickup is a pickup that guitarists and bassists can attach to their instruments to drive the GR-55S guitar synth (or the VG-99 V-Guitar and VB-99 V-Bass systems). The GK Pickup is capable of picking up individual signals for each string. For example, normal pickups would capture and output signals from all six strings of the guitar.
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM guitar modelling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modelling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland's latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modelling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an on-board looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Available with or without GK-3 Divided Pickup
- Sound Generator: - PCM: 2 tones - Modelling: 1 tone
- Tones: - PCM: 910 Types - Modelling: 23 Types (Guitar Mode) - 17 Types (Bass Mode)
- Effects: - MFX (Multi-Effects): 20 types - AMP (Preamp): 42 types - MOD (Modulation): 14 types - DELAY: 7 types - REVERB: 5 types - CHORUS: 4 types - EQ: 1 type
- Patch Memory: - Guitar Mode: Preset: 270 + User: 297 - Bass Mode: Preset: 90 + User: 297
- AD Conversion: - 24 Bit (GK Pickup) - 24-Bit + AF method (normal Pickup)
- DA Conversion: 24-Bit
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Output Level: - Output Jacks: -10dBu - Guitar Out Jack: -10 dBu
- Nominal Output Level: - Output Jacks: -10dBu - Guitar Out Jack: 2 K Ohms
- Output Impedance: - Output Jacks: 2 K Ohms - Guitar Out Jack: 2 K Ohms
- USB Memory Audio Player: File Format - WAV, AIFF
- Display: Graphic LCD 240 x 64 dots
- Connectors: - GK IN connector (13 pins DIN type) - GUITAR OUT jack (1/4-inch phone type) - OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks (1/4-inch phone type) - PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type) - MIDI connectors (IN, OUT) (5-pin DIN type) - USB COMPUTER connector (supports Hi-Speed USB, USB MIDI and USB Audio) - USB MEMORY connector (supports Hi-Speed USB Flash Memory) - DC IN jack
- Power Supply: DC 9v
- Current Draw: 700 mA
- Included Accessories: - AC Adaptor - Owner's Manual
- Dimensions: - Width: 405mm (16") - Depth: 244 (9-5/8") - Height: 78mm (3-1/8")
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.